Monday, November 3, 2008

Apple News

These are my thoughts about these specific issues:

iPhone News:
I'm waiting for the following firmware updates:
  1. Copy and paste function for the iPhone.
  2. Flash doesn't work.
  3. Wi-Fi syncing with iTunes so that I don't have to connect with a cord each day, this is getting old very quickly.
  4. Landscape view for any screen that needs typing like URL's and E-mails etc.
  5. Click on a photo to save it to the Photo log. Completed
  6. Add the ability to create categories and allow the user to put the programs installed into specific categories like Play Music, Recording Programs etc. ( I use to use a program that would allow me to do this on the original iPhone which allowed me to bypass the 7 screen limitations by putting groups of programs into individual categories, like folders. This feature should be able to be used on the iPhone and the iPod with out jailbreaking it.
  7. Macro feature for the iPhone camera.
  8. Video capability and the ability to transfer the files to the HD.



iPod News:
  1. Add a speaker and microphone to the iPod, like the iPhone without the phone cabibilities. I think this has been complete in the latest version, I'll check it out.
  2. Since the iPod also has the ability to access the Internet, it should have the ability to use the 3G service.



iMac News:
This posting was left on the ProductsReviews for a question stating - Ad Wars: Is it good for Apple and Microsoft to fight? and my answer was as follows:

The Mac vs PC ads are great and it’s because of those ads that I began to look at the reality of my Microsoft operating system and after talking with my son who says that he and his wife have been using their Mac’s for three years now and have not had any operating system crashes, and I’ve had 5 in the last two years, helped me to make the decision to buy a Mac in the next 30 days since it’s obvious to me that the Mac operating system is more stable than the Microsoft and I’m tired of reinstalling Windows and all of my software every time it crashes. Hummm…. I’ts a no brainier and it’s also a done deal on payday.

Firmware 2.2 fixes I've read about:

  1. Direct Podcast Downloads. This is what I'm seeing online a lot. - According to what I've been reading online, it looks as though this feature will be in the Firmware 2.2 when it's released. This would be great for us.
  2. Rating apps on deletion. This is a great idea. Completed
There are more features listed for the 2.2 firmware that is coming however, these are what I'm hoping to see.